The current Watts To Water awards will acknowledge office buildings, medical office buildings, multi-family, and hotel buildings over 5,000 square feet that have reduced their energy and water consumption between January 2010 and December 2011. To be eligible for the awards, you must register with Watts To Water and share your water and energy data in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. All 2010-2011 water and energy data must be shared in Portfolio Manager by March 9, 2012.
The Watts to Water partners will present awards in the following categories in April 2012.
Most Efficient Building – hotel and office awarded in separate categories
The awards jury will calculate a weighted average of the water performance and ENERGY STAR ratings to determine the building that wins this category. The award will be presented to the office and hotel buildings that demonstrate:
- Best water performance (indoor and outdoor) per square foot.
- Highest ENERGY STAR rating.
Greatest Improvement in Efficiency – hotel and office awarded in separate categories
The awards jury will calculate a weighted average of the water and energy consumption to determine the building that wins this category. The building that has seen the greatest improvement from the previous year to the current will be awarded. The award will be presented to the office and hotel buildings that demonstrate:
- Greatest water and energy reduction per square foot
Visionary Award – awarded to one building
Submit your success story. Tell how you have improved your energy efficiency and/or have reduced your water consumption. Examples of what you might share: How has your building overcome unique obstacles? What no- and low-cost practices have worked for you? What rebates have you found most helpful to positively affect your bottom line? Please limit your entries to 2 pages.
The awards jury will recognize the building that has successfully implemented energy and/or water management strategies, behavioral solutions and capital improvements. Stories will be shared and highlighted on the Watts to Water website.
Super Saver Certificates – awarded to all buildings that meet the below criteria
- Buildings that reduces indoor water use by 25% or more
- Buildings that reduces outdoor water use by 15% or more
- Buildings that have both indoor and outdoor meters and reduces overall water use by 40% or more
Xcel Energy Awards – awarded only to buildings that participate in Xcel’s rebate program
- Award for highest peak reduction as a rebate program participant
- Award for highest usage reduction through any single rebate program
- Award for highest usage reduction through multiple rebate programs